Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shower gift idea

I was commissioned by a co-worker to make a gift album for a Bridal Shower she was hosting. She gave me free reign to make it however I wanted, with the basic premise of a "happiness recipe book" for the newlyweds. She gave me the wedding colors (black, white and red), a budget, and off to Hobby Lobby I went.

I found a gorgeous album and all the supplies I needed, then I came home and set to work.

Each of the white cards here are the "recipe cards", meant for each guest to write down their recipe for a successful marriage.


I made a few decorative cards embellished with quotes about love and marriage to accent the pages.


Thanks to Hobby Lobby's awesome sales, I got this 12x12 album for only $10! I used rub-ons to decorate and monogram the center part, but the bride could also use that square for a photo.


I used some of the supplies that Katy sent me from Australia (thanks, Katy!), but mostly I kept the decor very simple.


Kay helped me with the title page (she's a Printmaster pro) and with the diecuts using her Cricut Slice machine...it pays to have connections :) I also included some extra pages for photos from the shower, and any momentos the bride may want to keep.

You could totally modify this idea for a baby shower as well, with advice for a mom-to-be. Hmmm, I'll have to keep this in mind.

And if you were wondering, I do hire myself out (for scrapbooking, that is). Email me if you're ever interested!

13 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

What a cool & BEAUTIFUL idea... that will be a very cherished gift

Brandy said...

That is simply GORGEOUS!! You are gifted. I would like to do a scrapbook for Stephen's graduation but I'm not even sure where to start.

Jen said...

This is really good! Great job!

brainella said...

Well done, crafty lady. It's beautiful!

Suzann said...

What a wonderful idea and you've done a terrific job!

You are so talented!!!

Kat said...

That is so pretty!

It would even work for actual recipes - with guest putting their favorites on cards. That was actually my favorite shower - the recipe one.

CaraBee said...

You are so creative! That is a beautiful album and such a great idea! I am sure the bride will love it!

The Wife O Riley said...

That is so pretty and an awesome idea!!! I have a baby shower to go to on March 13th, I'll have to keep this in mind. I was thinking about making funny little onies that say "My Mom's a RockStar" etc.

Robyn{Lee} said...

That is SO pretty!! : ) I just stumbled upon your blog and am now a follower! : )

P.S. I ADORE your family photo as your header. What a gorgeous photo! : )

mep said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and what a wonderful memento it will be for the bride and groom.

I think it would be a great baby shower gift as well. As I new mom, I would have pored over any tidbits of advice available to me!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

oh wow, that's gorgeous! as somone who is totally craft-stupid, I always admire people who can put together beautiful things. Really great picks, I especially love the vintage wallpaper-like cover of the album!

Betty said...

wow...it is beautiful!

Angie's Spot said...

You are so amazingly talented!! I might have to plan a trip to your neck of the woods for a scrapbooking weekend. Just sayin.