Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Brunch

Every February 7th, my mom, my sister, Rhonda, and I go out to eat in honor of my dad's birthday.

This year he would've been 65.

Last Sunday, Rhonda and I drove out to Harrison and took my mom to a local restaurant for brunch. We ate delicious food, talked and laughed, and reminisced about Dad. Mom told the story of the time she shrank Dad's wool sweater when they were first married and we laughed til we cried.

I hope he knows how much he's missed.


13 comments:

Jen said...

Of course he knows and I believe that he smiles down at you. :)

Suzann said...

How wonderful that you continue to celebrate your father's life.

Kat said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your father's life! Great post. :)

stephanie said...

this is so sweet!

brainella said...

What a wonderful day. It's great you can celebrate his life.

Rebecca Jo said...

That's how someone stays "alive"... the memories - & the sharing of those memories...

mama's smitten said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your father!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

That is the sweetest way to remember your dad! I know how hard it is to sit and remember the good times with them....it makes you cry & laugh & cry some more.

Love the photo.

He is smiling down and happy you all celebrate his life like that!

Brandy said...

What a great way to celebrate his life! And just to get together to hear stories, swap memories and just be with each other has to be priceless.

Angela said...

Sounds like a wonderful day and I am sure your Dad knows and loves it!

Happy weekend!

Suzann said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Suzann (The Olive Cottage)

Shannon said...

Of course he does.

CaraBee said...

I can't think of a better way to honor him.