Friday, January 22, 2010

Bit of this, bit of that

Watched The Hangover last night. Laughed out loud more times than I could count. Joe didn't think it was as funny as I did. I'm still laughing about it this morning.

Had a load of laundry in the wash before 7:30am. Realized it's been over a week since I've washed my own clothes; clearly, I have too many pairs of socks and underwear, otherwise I'd have done it by now.

Planning on going to Muscle Max this morning for a good workout. My right shoulder hurts for some reason; hope I can make it through the class.

Do you have a chatty morning child? 'Cause I do. Isabel hasn't stopped talking since she woke up twenty minutes ago. She's in the kitchen, still talking. I need some coffee.

Going to the winery for dinner with friends tonight. Kay is babysitting (once again, awesome MIL award). Monica and Diane have never been to Valley Vineyards, so we're taking our husbands, getting dolled up and going out for a great time. Can't wait.

I'm off work this entire weekend. Need to study, finish the roof on the miniature house, and make a wedding scrapbook for a friend (getting paid for this one).

Looks like more rain today. Need to find the galoshes and more umbrellas. At least it's not snow. Looking for the silver lining here...

My heart is breaking for those in Haiti. It's so hard to watch, you almost can't stand it. One of the doctors from Christ was there; he's back now; planning on going back when he gets more supplies.

So grateful for all the blessings in my own life. The internet, hot running water, the health of myself and my family, enough money to pay the bills, a nice home to live in...I could go on and on. Thanking God right this minute; determined to have a thankful heart all day long, no matter what.

What's on your mind this morning?

11 comments:

Jen said...

Ok so since Claire is a chatty little girl does that mean she is going to grow up and be a chatty big girl and talk to me before I have had my coffee. Goodness, I am in trouble.

How you have a fabulous night out!

brainella said...

Ah...coffee. Have a great weekend off!

CaraBee said...

I counted recently and I had 45 pairs of underwear. Who needs that many underwear? I would never go a month and a half without doing laundry. I think I might have a problem.

Have fun tonight!! We're having a fancy night out tomorrow ourselves. It's good for the soul, those nights.

Btw, would like to feature you as the BlogTrot of the day next Friday? Is that cool?

Suzann said...

No chatty people in this house in the morning except for the hubby and it annoys the heck out of me.

I have to agree with Joe. Watched the Hangover a couple of weeks ago and "yawn" I was bored to tears.
With all that hype I would have thought it was laugh out loud funny. Not.

I'm jealous of the winery. Heck I'm jealous of anything outside of my chaos right now. I'm feeling stressed beyond words right now.

Enjoy your time!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm DYING to see "The Hangover"...

Enjoy your weekend off... try not to be so busy it just flies by... take time to relax! And stay dry! :)

Brandy said...

It's no longer morning here but I'm currently thinking of a nap. Gosh that sounds like heaven!

I have a lot of underwear and so many socks they don't fit in the drawers anymore. Yes, I said drawerS b/c I have two dedicated to all my socks.

Life Laugh Latte said...

I LOVED the Hangover. The pictures at the end was such a great way to conclude the movie. My 6 year old boy talks non-stop. I have to finally tell him that my ears hurt and need a timeout. Have a great weekend. Holly

Shannon said...

I think "The Hangover" was my favorite movie of last year. HILARIOUS.

Cloudy gray skies here today... but no rain.

Have a fab night! I'll be sitting at home, waiting for 10:00 so I can watch that new show, "Spartacus". Good times.

~Leslie Lemke~ said...

Hello...I just came across your blog, such a nice one! I also have a blog and what fun I am having with it! I hope to chat with you soon!
Blessings~
Leslie

heathersister said...

Damn, and you are talking about Isabel begin chatty? Sounds like you already have had your coffee.

Loved The Hangover. Say it in the theater and Danielle has it on DVD. What the hell is wrong with Joe? Probably thinks you know what he does with his friends now, hahahahahaha. We love Alan.

Morgan and I saw Legion yesterday (bad) but we saw a preview for The A-Team. Awesome. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Love you.

heathersister said...

obviously I didn't proofread my comment. Jeez.