Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!

Like, sixteen degrees cold! With no hope for above-freezing temps for at least a week...brrr!

What better place to spend these cold winter days than our snug and warm basement? Gabe got a miniature farmhouse for Christmas and he was chomping at the bit to get started. Have you ever built a dollhouse before? It comes with about a million little wood pieces that you must label and sort before you even get started with the paint or glue! I had to do that part on my own (with Isabel's help), and then we headed over to Home Depot to pick out the colors. I love that Gabe wanted this for a present...it's going to be a great family project!




I'll be sure to post pictures of the house once it's completed...hopefully before spring!

What are you going to be doing during these long winter months?

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I just love being the first commenter.
Michael is so much like that. Everything he got for Christmas requires assembly. I love things that he and Eric can work on together.

Rebecca Jo said...

Love family projects like that... especially crafty ones...

The cold weather is PERFECT for my knitting... the warm yarn keeps me comfy! :)

HiHoOhio said...

Can't wait to see it finished! Stay warm! Happy New year!

Kat said...

I got a dollhouse when I was 10...and I remember my mom laboring over putting it together and painting it. I just wanted it done so I could play. I love that you have turned yours into a family project...and I can't wait to see your completed efforts.

Shelley said...

Hey Heather, no dollhouses here. Abby's grandmother built her a dollhouse from old wood she had from trees here on the farm. I have to tell you, I don't have the patience for that kind of project. I'm more a legos kind of gal. LOL. We will spend our cold weather feeding cows and calves and selling hay. Stay warm and enjoy that family project. I think it is so cool that Gabe is willing to let his sister help him.

stephanie said...

16 degrees!!! and i thought 65 was cold as ella left the house with shorts on this morning.

wow. i really love southern california. :)

ChicagoLady said...

Looks like everyone will have fun putting that together for Gabe. I love doing puzzles in the winter, unfortunately, I don't have any right now. Instead, I'll probably curl up with a warm blankie and a good book.

Shannon said...

It's currently 21 here... not much better than where you are!

No family craft projects for us. But I can't wait to see the finished house!

Suzann said...

Nothing as fun as that I assure you.

Thomas is always working on Lego building.

I'm reading or stitching.

I can't wait to see more of this project. Caitlyn has a dollhouse - my mother in law painted it. It's quite - interesting. I'll have to show you sometime.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

What a cool present! I can't wait to see the finished project!

Girl- it's cold here to...upper 20's. Reeses can only stand to be out in it for about 5 minutes.

Stay warm!!