Truly, I do enjoy this time of year, and sitting in church yesterday, celebrating the first Sunday of the Advent season, our pastor brought it all into perspective. The "reason for the season", if you will, is very simple. We are the ones who complicate it. I am determined this year to simplify Christmas, for my sake and for that of my family. (I'll let you know how that all works out, okay?)
So, for another "Not Me, Monday!" post:
1. I did not let Gabe pick out a new cat so he could have his own pet (Isabel has two, you know).
Did you fall for it? Really, I didn't let Gabe get a new pet. This is Sugar, our cat of eight years. He's usually an outside kitty, but Baby, It's Cold Outside, so we let him in. Seriously, no more pets for us for a long time. Lonnnnngggggg time. Get it?
2. I did not drunkenly spill half of my Mike's hard lemonade on my keyboard while blogging and eating popcorn and drinking. The letters "a,s,d,f" are not sticking as we "speak". Man, that just sucks. Now I need another drink!
3. I am not trying to make 40 baby shower invitations by FRIDAY, having to work three shifts between now and then. I do know how to say no when a gazillion people ask me to do stuff for them (yep, that's a lie...I know you saw right through that one).
4. I am not struggling with my Not Me post today. I am not one crabby, exhausted mommy suffering from a lack of patience with my little ones this evening. Nope, not me.
5. I am not shamelessly linking you to Kat's blog, Sunshine and Lemonade, to increase my chances of winning a whole set of Outlander books. And desserts. I would never do that!
Happy Monday, all! Don't forget tomorrow is Happy SITSmas day, with lots of chances to win cool prizes. Heck, I might even win something; who knows?!